A trademark of excellence authentic Hermes handbags can often be difficult to find. Poorly made counterfeits flood the market and are available on street corners and even in stores. With a bit of research and some skilled detective work you can spot the real deal and stay away from inferior knock offs. A great deal of care goes into the making of each bag and Hermes designers have planted some signature techniques that should make recognizing their original product much easier.
Similar to designer clothing handbags are all about the details. A card that declares the item’s authenticity is no longer the main standard. Most high end handbags come with booklets of information that describe the product as well as the process of what makes it an original. History about the designer can help you spot an original as well.
Nearly all Hermes bags on the open resale market are counterfeit. Below is a hot list of traits to look for when shopping for your authentic Hermes purse.
• Authentic Hermes bags have the Hermes emblem engraved rather than embossed on the hardware. Engraving is a process where the letters sit lower than the metal and embossing is the opposite meaning that the letters are raised.
• Hermes handles are equal in size and length. There are no variations and this small detail can often be the deal breaker.
• Standing by itself on a stable base is a trademark characteristic of all Hermes bags. The hardware that allows the bag to do this is not detachable.
• A high end handbag will have uniform stitching that is consistent throughout the bag. The stitching is the same color and is always even. Hermes stitching is diagonal and not horizontal.
• Leather comes in a variety of grades and Hermes is known for only using the best. Nearly 98% of all leather they purchase is rejected. They use the top 2% to create their handbags and it is the highest grade imaginable. Leather can be flawless although perfect leather is never completely uniform stiff or shiny.
• The label is the designer’s signature finishing touch and is therefore very important. An original product will not contain spelling errors anywhere. Any type of misspelling should raise immediate red flags about the quality of your Hermes handbag. Fake labels are cheaply made resulting in a cheap appearance. Their stitching isn’t uniform often varying in color and the labeling is often inconsistent. Counterfeits will often pluralize a name as well. For instance Burberrys of London versus the real Burberry of London. These little details are vitally important in determining the quality and worth of a Hermes purse.
• Hermes uses a unique dating system that allows them to date each purse they create. This little stamp can be found on the underside of the straps on each purse.
• Packaging is very important as well. What your purse comes in—whether it’s tissue paper bags or boxes—should match the level of quality of purse you are purchasing. A purse that costs several thousands of dollars does not come wrapped in butcher paper. Boxes that are too big or too small are giveaways that you may be dealing with a fake. Luxury handbags often come in dust bags that are not flimsy or cheaply made. Hermes dust bags are made of strong soft orange cotton flannel. Older Hermes handbags may come in a tan velour bag with a somewhat differing pattern. Since Birkins are fairly new 1984 they all come in orange dust bags and there is no such thing as a vintage Birkin.
• Hardware is important to Hermes as well. Much of their hardware is made from gold and palladium and it is protected by its own special coating. Every item sold in a Hermes retail store comes with this protective covering and it is never removed until after purchase.
With a little consideration and some research you can save yourself the grief time and money you’ll incur by purchasing a low quality purse. Recognizing original authentic products requires an eye for excellence. Cultivate this and your transaction will be just as authentic as your Hermes purse.
Paige Skyline Ankle Peg Maternity Jeans
Delia S Lace Spaghetti Strap Dress
Eileen Fisher Organic Jogging Suit Pants Womens
Ralph Lauren V Neck Sweater Dress With Sheer Sleeves
Paige Hoxton Ankle Avery
Aidan Mattox Strapless Embellished Drape Front Evening Dresses
Lauren Ralph Lauren Two Toned Surplice Dress
Hudson Jeans Beth Crop
Lela Rose Floral Drop Waist Stretch Cotton Dress
Decode 1.8 Where My Twirls At? Dress
Central Park West Silk Contrast Trim Blouse Citron Black
Hudson Jeans Muse Crop In Hackney